Thursday, April 10, 2008

No title! :P

I got the date of joining mail from the company i am placed in today. The jargon in the mail was quite a put-off, but it's now confirmed that I will be yet another software engineer in an already 'busting-at-the-seams' Bangalore, come mid July.

I might as well add "Stereotype software engineer" to my about me! :P

A Page 1 story on TIMES OF INDIA (Bangalore Edition) some days ago claimed that all freshmen recruits would have to wait for three months to one year before they could join the company which recruited them. The reason of course was the sub-prime crisis, slowdown, blah!

Now, this led to a lot of problems. It got uncles, aunts, relatives and other well wishers excited. It didn't help when a friend told my mother that Infy DOJ is somewhere in December. My father thought I would spend three months in front of the PS2! How I wish I could do that! :)

Everyone wanted to know when i would be joining.
They just wouldn't take 'I don't know' as an answer!

"Why don't you send a mail to the HR" said one aunt.

Another said, "Ask that senior who works there".


Well, I somehow managed to stay away from their pestering for some time. Now that I've got this mail, it'll be very interesting to see how they react!

No comments: