Sunday, April 6, 2008

Obscura/Libre open source fest

Obscura/Libre( i couldn't figure out the name of the fest as the organizers had used both the names!!) fest went unnoticed! I believe the organizers could have done better, especially with the publicity campaign. Nevertheless, i had a great time. :)

There were some very good events related to open source and a fine game design contest to boot for the coding aficionados. I won both the Open Source Quiz and the Linuz Quiz. Adarsh, for a change, was a reliable team mate! :) (Aashith, for some reason chose not to attend) . Adarsh won the Cryptix event with some help from me. :)

Here i post some of the questions that were asked:

Google's headquarters. (Sitter)
Logo's of various open source companies.
Expand GIMP, GRUB, GNOME...standard questions. Wiki for the answers.
Expand BOFH: Bastard operator from hell (I believe i was the only one who got this! Wiki for more details :) )
A question on the Alien package manager etc....

Ravi LS was disappointed for not having won any event. He had some 'covering' issues! :)

There were lots of talks, by Google, Mozilla etc. I didn't attend them. I don't attend talks. They are boring.

That's it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm Wen you said you had written something abt me ... i was expecting something of this kind :)... he he ..
all the same i enjoyed it :)..